Here are some questions I use with the activity:
- Tell me the basic story of Red Riding Hood, both content and the message(s) the story is supposed to send (this often takes about five minutes)
- Here is the story from a different point of view (sometimes I read aloud, sometimes I have them read silently--depends upon a variety of factors)
- Summarize the differences between the two stories
- Why do you think there are differences?
- At the end of the discussion(s), explain who you believe, Red's story or the Wolf's. Explain.
- Debrief the activity as needed, based upon the discussion
- Transition into how viewing particular behaviors/stories/events through multiple lenses is important and something we will be doing frequently throughout the course.
The Red Riding Hood document can be found on this page: